Up to date news on the happenings in Eddystone, PA. For such a small town, there's always BIG drama...inside and outside Borough Council Chambers.



There Are No Foolish Questions, Only Foolish Silence

Like any good Eddystoner, my Google Alert is set for anything pertaining to Eastern Metal, Camden Iron and of course, Eddystone. I have to say, it’s been rather quiet lately…until yesterday. I received an email with the following link.
http://www.heraldnews.com/news/x564866996/Registry-records-show-Somerset-Station-sale-price-was-3-65M

At first I thought Camden Iron was buying up more property, but it looks like they are just buying scrap metal. Still, I started wondering. Where are they? Weren’t they supposed to be up and running already?

Since the loss of the $30M grant money that EMR was supposed to use to build a pier, it’s been quiet. There have been rumors around town that they can’t afford to move here, but I haven’t seen or heard anything official. Don’t get me wrong. I am not complaining.

Upon further investigation, I noticed that Eddystone is no longer listed on EMR’s directory http://de.emrgroup.com/directory.php or Camden Iron’s website http://www.camdeniron.com/locations.htm (note...since the original post, the Eddystone site was re-added. Interesting)

Will council enlighten the residents or will they keep us in the dark like they tried to do when this whole scrap yard thing started?

On to other matters….

How many council meetings can a borough council person miss before they can be removed from office? There seems to be some gray areas here (and a lot of leniency). Wonder if this is something the Ethics Committee would know?